Tuesday 10 June 2014


"DREAM, LITTLE DREAMER" CONTEST
To her the "Dream, Little Dreamer" Lullaby click here.
***PLEASE NOTE: BECAUSE OF LACK OF INTEREST I'M POSTPONING THIS CONTEST UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.  IF YOU WOULD LIKE THE CONTEST TO CONTINUE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.  I NEED AT LEAST 10 INTERESTED PEOPLE TO PARTICIPATE.***

Have you ever wanted to own original Mili Fay Art artwork?  Well, here is your chance.

What you can win:

Original final-ink sketches* and a grand prize: ORIGINAL WATERCOLOUR ILLUSTRATION (valued at $300-$500) from the upcoming "Dream, Little Dreamer" picture book.

How does it work?

As I'm illustrating I will come up with a series of questions that I will post as a comment underneath this blog post.  Be the first person to answer correctly and you will win the final-ink sketch for that question.  You will also be added to the draw for the GRAND PRIZE.  At the end of the project (when the book is published and ready for sale), in real time, on Google Hangouts, I will draw the winer from a bowl.  The winner will be contacted by e-mail address provided and will be asked to claim the prize.  If the winner does not claim the prize within two weeks, a new name will be drawn.

Who is eligible?

Everyone, but please note:  free shipping is only available in Canada and US!  Kids make sure you get your parent's/legal guardian's consent.  If you win I will require your address to ship the wining sketch to you.

RULES:
  • You must have your parent's/legal guardian's permission if you are under the legal age for your country.
  • DO NOT SHARE PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
  • You can post as many answers as you like.  The first correct answer wins.
  • You can only win an original final-ink sketch once.
  • Be kind and courteous, and DO NOT SPAM!
  • I can change the rules and cancel the contest at any time at my sole discretion.
  • If there are two or more likely winners, another question will be asked of the potential winners.  The first person to get the answer wins.
You can follow the progress of my work on Pinterest.

Prize Samples:


Final-Ink Sketch

Possible Watercolour Illustration Prize


* Final-Ink Sketch is a sketch I trace onto watercolour paper to create the final painting.

3 comments:

  1. FIRST QUESTION: How long did it take me to finish the final illustration from the Final-Ink Sketch pictured above? (The sketch of the sleeping chick.)

    The image size is ~ 5" x 4", from the moment the Final-Ink Sketch was completed I had to trace the image onto the watercolour paper, coloured it with watercolour, and ink the final line. How long did that take? You can see the progress on Pinterest. When you give your answer DO NOT COUNT the pauses I made for the each layer of watercolour to dry. Just count the time I spent working on the illustration.

    Bean on Facebook answered 6 h. What is your answer?

    We need at least 10 people to participate per question to make this competition worth while, so tell your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm knowing your crazy process I'd say 5h ;)~

    ReplyDelete

Please be courteous. Abuse of any kind will not be tolerated.