Tuesday, 28 October 2014

HORSING AROUND CHARACTER CONTEST!

UPDATE January 15 2015!

And the winner is:

ASHLEAY DOLLARD!!!

Her winning idea is: 


Thank you all for your fantastic entries!  I had a horribly difficult time choosing a winner, and in fact I have placed some other ideas aside.  If I create prints from those ideas, you will be a winner too.

Ashley's sweet idea captures the spirit of the "Horsing Around Limited Edition Print Series", but I also love that she gave me names and characters.  I can see them frolicking around in the lush fields of the ranch.  Can't you?  I will post the winning image on this blog, but it will be a while before I find time to work on this newest art print.

You can follow my progress on Facebook/Twitter.

If you have an idea for a future contest, feel free to contact me.

Wishing you only the best!

Mili

---------------------------------

It has been a while, since I had a contest, and with holidays coming up, who would not want to get a bunch of stuff for free?



Here’s what YOU need to do:

Create the best Horsing Around Character! 

That’s it.

You can: draw the character, write a poem or a short 1-page story about your character, or you could do all three. This is what we animators call “creating concept art”. However which way you do it, create the best Horsing Around Character, and you will win:
  • All the Horsing Around Limited Edition Art Prints created to date, plus a Mystery Gift (total retail value $300)! 
  • I will create your character and he (or she) will live at the Horsing Around Ranch forever! You of course will receive the Limited Edition Art Print, and $5 from every sold will be given to a local children’s hospital—how great is that?
Even if you do not win, your entries will be displayed in the Horsing Around Folder at my booth during INSPIRE! Toronto International Book Fair at Metro Toronto Convention Center (November 13-16th 2014).

By entering the contest, you give me the rights to create a derivative work from you entry, and to share your entry with the world.


DEADLINE: Wednesday, December 31, 2014. (23:59 EST)


You can create as many entries as you like! Send your entries to contest@artofmili.ca. Images should be JPEG (.jpg) and no larger than 2 MB. Send one image entry at a time. The optimal resolution for printing is at least 300 ppi, anything less may result in a pixelated image. DO NOT ATTACH TEXT FILES. Make your writing part of the email. Do not forget to sign your image, to include your name, and contact information. If you wish me to display your contact information at the fair, please let me know, otherwise only your first name will be displayed.

I will pick the winning entry by November 9th, then I will contact the winner at the contact information provided.

MAY THE BEST CREATOR WIN!

TIP: Feel free to share the contest details with your friends, then if one of you wins you can divide the prize. ;-)

If you are wondering why I’m giving away so much of my work for free, it is because YOU are helping me spread the word about Mili Fay Art, and your support gives me courage to create something great every day.

Thank you so much for your support, it means the world to me.

Best of luck!

Mili Fay



P.S. You can find more about Horsing Around here.
-----------------------------------------


Mili Fay, a Toronto-based artist, classical animator, illustrator, writer, and singer, is an award winning graduate of Sheridan College and Art Instruction Schools.  In November of 2011 she created Mili Fay Art determined to support the world one artwork at a time.

Her latest published work is Animals In My Hair; a story about a boy who goes for his first haircut only to find endangered animals falling out of his hair.  Recently chosen for the INSPIRE! Toronto International Book Fair’s Programming (November 13th – 16th, 2014) out of 700+ submissions, Animals In My Hair, is the world’s first ever Artwork Book; a new type of picture book that seamlessly combines the best features of fine art, picture books, activity books, and educational books.  In accordance with Mili Fay Art’s vision, 30% of all profits from Animals In My Hair book and merchandise will be donated to wildlife conservation.

To find out more about Animals In My Hair, and/or to purchase the few remaining FIRST EDITION copies of the initial print run, visit: http://bit.ly/AnimalsInMyHair


Mili Fay Art: “Together we support the world one artwork at a time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous. Abuse of any kind will not be tolerated.